Welcome to Beyond Sight Loss
We are a self-help group of people who are vision impaired and volunteers meeting regularly in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Our aspirations are to continue to grow and we certainly can grow stronger with your help and input. We meet monthly to update members on local and national developments – by inviting guest speakers and to provide an opportunity for social interaction. We also arrange a variety of monthly outings / activities such as cooking, meals out, theatre trips, visits to places of interests. If you would like to know more about what we do, know anyone who could benefit from what we provide or would like to become a member or volunteer, please contact us.
Membership is free to anyone who lives in or near the borough of Tower Hamlets and has a sight impairment that affects their daily life.
Members of Beyond Sight Loss meet in several forums each month.
Group Meeting on the second Thursday of each month at Albert Jacob House, 62 Roman Road, London, E2 0PG
- To hear a visiting speaker on a topic which is relevant to the lives of vision impaired people. Visiting speakers up to and before the pandemic to give information about benefits (PIP), Blind Aid, Stratford Royal Theatre, Travel Eyes, RNIB Connect Radio, Accessible Technology, East London Vision, Toynbee Hall, Council for Social Care, Transport for London (TFL) and Real.
- To share information and recruit participants in the many activities taking place locally during the coming month
- To meet socially over a cup of tea or coffee to renew friendships and update each other on personal news and current events
Each year ends with a Christmas meal
Outing on the third Thursday of each month. Outings include visits to:
- Local museums, parks and places of interest (e.g. Sutton House, Tate Britain, newly reopened Design Museum, Natural History, Buckingham Palace, Kew Gardens, Horniman Museum, Imperial War Museum and the Oxford Meditation Centre).
- Beach resorts and country outings (Margate, Hastings, Clacton-on-Sea, fruit picking, the Dymchurch stream train, Greenwich and “Duck” boat rides, city and country walks).
- Kensington Palace, Marriott Afternoon Tea, Theatre visits, dancing and quiz night.
- Sport, including tennis, gym, cycling, swimming and polybat