Members of Beyond Sight Loss meet in several forums each month.
Group Meeting on the second Thursday of each month at Albert Jacob House, 62 Roman Road, London, E2 0PG
- To hear a visiting speaker on a topic which is relevant to the lives of vision impaired people. Visiting speakers up to and before the pandemic to give information about benefits (PIP), Blind Aid, Stratford Royal Theatre, Travel Eyes, RNIB Connect Radio, Accessible Technology, East London Vision, Toynbee Hall, Council for Social Care, Transport for London (TFL) and Real.
- To share information and recruit participants in the many activities taking place locally during the coming month
- To meet socially over a cup of tea or coffee to renew friendships and update each other on personal news and current events
Each year ends with a Christmas meal
Outing on the third Thursday of each month. Outings include visits to:
- Local museums, parks and places of interest (e.g. Sutton House, Tate Britain, newly reopened Design Museum, Natural History, Buckingham Palace, Kew Gardens, Horniman Museum, Imperial War Museum and the Oxford Meditation Centre).
- Beach resorts and country outings (Margate, Hastings, Clacton-on-Sea, fruit picking, the Dymchurch stream train, Greenwich and “Duck” boat rides, city and country walks).
- Kensington Palace, Marriott Afternoon Tea, Theatre visits, dancing and quiz night.
- Sport, including tennis, gym, cycling, swimming and polybat